We are changemakers
The Stockholm International Water Institute, SIWI, works globally to change how water is understood, valued and managed. As advocates and advisors, we show how improved water governance is key to a fairer, more prosperous, and resilient future.
SIWI is a not-for-profit institute with a wide range of expertise in water governance – from sanitation and water resources management to water diplomacy. We create knowledge, develop capacity, and offer policy advice to countries, communities, and companies.
A Water Wise World
SIWI’s vision is a “Water Wise World” – a world that recognizes the value of water and ensures that it is inclusively shared and used sustainably, equitably and efficiently for all.
We believe that the best way to tackle water crises and help bring about lasting change – with the ultimate goal being the eradication of poverty – is to strengthen water governance among public and private actors alike: the political, social, economic and administrative systems and processes that influence water’s use and management.
Essentially, who gets what water, when and how, and who has the right to water and related services, and their associated benefits.
Change water governance practice
We work to influence decision-makers through our power to convene, our expertise in water governance, building dialogue, improving policies to change water governance practice.
SIWI’s strategic objectives are to:
- Leverage convening power to facilitate and influence water governance dialogues
- Influence priority-setting for improved water governance
- Contribute to policy development for improved water governance
- Contribute to the implementation of improved water policy and practices
- Advance water knowledge, and award and promote excellence in water science, policy and practice
- Be a resilient, financially sustainable organization and an attractive employer
SIWI is an attractive working place for highly motivated professionals who care about concrete work that matters for people, the environment and our shared future.
As an equal opportunity employer, SIWI encourages women and minorities to apply for open positions.
We do not have any active positions right now.