Are you looking to gain work experience and knowledge of sustainability and environmental issues related to water, while increasing your network?
SIWI is now searching for a Program Management intern to join the program team in organizing World Water Week 2023, with next year’s theme Seeds of Change: Innovative Solutions in a Water-Wise World.
- Length: January – April 2023, part-time or full-time
- Placement: Hybrid position, must be located in Stockholm to be in office on agreed days
- Compensation: Unpaid
- Level: Entry or junior level
- Language: English
In 2022, World Water Week, the leading annual global event on water and development, was held as a hybrid event with over 300 sessions, gathering 500 organizations and more than 5000 participants from 160 countries. Looking ahead, we plan to advance our digital and physical offerings even further!
In this role, an interest in learning more about environmental issues and sustainability is desired, but a water research background is not required. Under the supervision of World Water Week’s Head of Programme, you will join an experienced team of highly skilled professionals responsible for the delivery of World Water Week, the Stockholm Water Prize and the Stockholm Junior Water Prize.
- Work directly with program officers during the review and selection process of sessions, talkshows and seminar abstracts - the overall World Water Week program
- Conduct interviews with SIWI staff on the biggest trends in the water community and create a report for internal and public use
- Develop checklists and step-by-step guides for session organizers and participants
- Support the program team with daily administrative tasks
Who are you?
You are a curious person with a burgeoning interest in events or water issues, or both. While you enjoy working on a team, you can also appreciate sitting down and reading research for an extended period. When you’re not certain about a task, you’re not afraid to speak up and communicate what you need. In addition, you might have the following:
- Want to learn about the planning and process of large hybrid events
- Can communicate and cooperate effectively with internal and external colleagues
- Have solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Can work independently, proactively and be self-sufficient
- Have experience reading research papers and summarizing complex topics
- Can learn new systems quickly with training
- Know how to write professional, customer service-oriented emails
- Speak English fluently or natively
- Bonus – can write and edit web content and assets tailored to the target audience
- Real-world experience working at a not-for-profit organization on an important mission to save the world
- Work with a diverse group of professionals with unique backgrounds and experiences in the World Water Week team
- Meet, network with, and learn from all departments at SIWI
- Insights into the latest projects and initiatives trying to solve the global water crisis
- Gain a deeper understanding of how youth and female empowerment can greatly and positively impact environmental issues
- A written proof of internship/certificate will be provided by SIWI
- Potential for a paid position after the internship term
- Free pass to World Water Week 2023 – so that you can see your work brought to life first-hand!
How to apply for the internship
Please submit your CV and a cover letter in English at the latest by 04th December by using the application in connection to the advert on the SIWI web page.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis and the position can be closed earlier and we therefore urge you to apply at once. For further information, please contact Sofia Iqbal, Head of Programme, World Water Week and Prizes, SIWI: firstname.lastname@example.org